Last Updated: July 2021
When you use any of the FSC Online Services, we may collect information about you and we may share some of that information with third parties in certain circumstances. This Policy will give you more details and information about such collection, use and sharing.
This Policy does not apply to the practices of companies, web sites, or apps that Breeze Thru does not own or control.
LIST OF TOPICS:
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information. The types of information we collect that identify you or relate to you as an individual (“Personal Information“) may include things such as the following:
- Name, Date of Birth, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address, username and password (for account administration), when you supply this information voluntarily
- Device ID, including IP address, which are automatically collected and, while they don’t identify you as an individual, do identify a particular computer
- Geolocation (if you are using a mobile application and you consent to this function, or if you activate the “find-a-store” function)
- Financial account information and other payment information (that you submit to us for order processing)
- Additional Personal Information you may submit as necessary for the administration of particular promotional events, such as sweepstakes or contests
- If you are applying for a franchise, date of birth, social security number, contact and employment information
Non-Personal Information. Other types of data will also be collected periodically, such as:
- Type of browser and operating system, mobile application usage data, and aggregated information such as “click stream” information which means entry and exit points (including referring URLs or domains), traffic statistics, page views, and impressions, all of which are collected automatically
- Demographic information you choose to submit and which we may combine on an anonymous basis with similar information from other users
- Device Information – Device type, OS and identifier
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
- Provide products and services to you;
- Provide customer support and respond to your inquiries;
- Send you surveys, contests, promotions or other programs;
- Process orders and payment transactions;
- Manage delivery services;
- Offer promotions or conduct other marketing efforts;
- Send you newsletters and other email communications if you sign up to receive them;
- Create and manage your FSC loyalty program account;
- Provide location-based services to you, such as to help you find a FSC location or send you notifications or messages based on your location (see “Location” section below for more information);
- Enable your use of social-media functions via our mobile applications, such as sending information or offers to friends and family via the app or other social media — when you use this functionality, you acknowledge and agree you are permitted to use and provide us with your friend’s or family’s name and e-mail address;
- Customize your experience, such as by providing personalized product information, purchase information, coupons and other offers;
- Post your comments or statements when you participate on message boards or in our online forums;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities;
- Assess your application for a FSC franchise;
- If you submit information as a job applicant, evaluate your interest in employment and contact you regarding possible employment and continue to communicate with you regarding employment;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our products and services; managing our communications; analyzing our products, services and customer base; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions); and
- We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
We may operate a version of our website specifically designed to work with mobile devices. The mobile website and our application may include a feature that uses geographic location information provided by your mobile device to identify stores in your vicinity.
THIRD-PARTY ANALYTICS SERVICES
We may use third party analytics services, such as Google Analytics. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web beacons and web server logs to help us analyze your use of the FSC Online Services. The information collected through these means (including IP address) may be disclosed to these analytics providers, and other relevant third parties who use the information to evaluate use of the FSC Online Services. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit:
TRACKING AND INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING
We and third parties may collect information about your online and in-store activities to provide you with advertising about products and services tailored to your interests. This section of our Privacy Notice provides details and explains how to exercise your choices.
We and third parties may use collected information to establish connections among related web browsers and devices (such as smartphones, tablets, and computers) for targeted advertising, analytics, attribution, and reporting purposes. This information may be used to match your browsers or devices if you log into the same online service on multiple devices or if your devices share similar attributes that support an inference they are used by the same person or household. This means your online behavior (information about your activity on websites or apps on your current browser or device and your device’s geolocation) may be combined with information collected from your other browsers or devices. For example, this information may be used to deliver an ad on your tablet or smartphone, to limit the number of times you see an ad across your devices, and to help measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns across devices.
We or our vendors may collect the geolocation (which may include specific longitude and latitude) of your mobile device based upon information identified by your mobile device by, for example, accessing your devices location services, when you allow such access, or by WiFi signals, beacons, Bluetooth or near field communication protocols. We may use and share your mobile device’s geolocation together with personal information or other information to identify your local FSC restaurant, to provide you with personalized notifications or messaging (for example, you have a reward available) by email, push notification, online or in-app advertising, or by other means described in this Privacy Notice. See “Opt-Out Choices” section below to opt-out of location collection. If you choose to opt out of location collection, certain functionality of the FSC Online Services may not be available.
Our websites are not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers.
FSC automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, FSC cookie information, and the page you request.
USE OR SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Except as set forth below, we will not knowingly disclose your Personal Information to anyone outside of FSC Franchise Co, LLC or our affiliated companies or franchisees (collectively “FSC”):
TO PERFORM SERVICES FOR YOU
We may disclose your Personal Information to third-party service providers to provide us with services such as website hosting, professional services, including information technology services and related infrastructure, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing and other similar services necessary to the FSC Online Services and services you request.
CORPORATE TRANSACTIONS OR EVENTS
We may disclose your information to a third party in connection with a corporate reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
COMPLIANCE WITH LAW
We may use or disclose your Personal Information as we deem necessary or appropriate: (1) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (2) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (3) to comply with subpoenas and other legal processes; (4) to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain; (5) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliated companies; (6) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of FSC or others ; and (7) to enforce our terms and conditions.
We may disclose the personal information you submit on a franchise application to our business units, agents, parent company, Affiliates and to third parties as part of our consideration of application and to help conduct our franchise marketing efforts. We require our agents to respect our privacy practices and not use your personal information for purposes other than to carry out our instructions.
THIRD PARTY MARKETING
We may, from time to time, share the information you provide to us with selected third-party marketing partners that we believe offer products or services that may be of interest to you. If you would like us to stop providing your information to our third-party marketing partners, you may opt-out by emailing us at email@example.com or sending a letter to 5660 West Cypress St. Suite A, Tampa, FL 33607.
You may opt out of certain targeted marketing practices in web browsers and mobile applications by following the instructions below. Please note that you will need to opt out separately on all of your browsers and devices, as each opt-out will apply only to the specific browser or device from which you opt out. If you delete or reset your cookies or mobile identifiers, change browsers, or use a different device, any opt-out cookie or tool may no longer work and you will have to opt out again. Note some third parties may also make their own opt-out process available. Please note even if you choose to opt-out of receiving targeted advertising, you may still receive advertising about FSC, but the ads will not be targeted based on behavioral information about you.
- Web Browser Opt-Out To opt out in web browsers, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative Consumer Opt-Out Page at www.networkadvertising.org/choices, and the Digital Advertising Alliance Consumer Choice page at www.aboutads.info/choices. Although our website does not respond to Do Not Track browser signals, some of our vendors may permit you to opt out using Do Not Track functionality.
- Mobile Application Opt-Out To opt out in mobile apps, please download the Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices tool at www.aboutads.info/appchoices and adjust the advertising preferences on your mobile device. For example, to adjust your advertising preferences in iOS, visit the tracking and advertising settings within the Settings functionality of your mobile device; to adjust your advertising preferences in Android, visit the opt-out of interest-based ads settings within the Settings functionality of your mobile device. You can also use the settings within your device to opt out of or turn off push notifications.
- Location Opt-Out Most mobile devices allow you to control whether a website or mobile application is allowed to collect your specific longitude and latitude information. For example, Google and Apple provide the following links to instructions on how users can disable location services.
Some of the third parties display our ads on their services may provide you with additional choices to opt out of targeted advertising. For example, social media providers may allow you to control your advertising preferences directly through their services. Please review the privacy policies of the third-party services you use for more information.
YOUR OTHER CHOICES
To unsubscribe from marketing emails, click the “unsubscribe” link found in our marketing email messages. You may also contact us as described in “managing your account and communications preferences” section below to update your preferences, submit a request, or ask questions about this Privacy Notice.
USE OR SHARING OF NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
Non-personal information may be used for any purpose not prohibited by law. For example, we may collect, compile, store, publish, promote, report, sell, or otherwise disclose or use any and all information that does not identify an individual (or that has been modified to remove individual identification).
COOKIES, WEB BEACONS AND ONLINE ADVERTISING
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
FSC and its agents use small text files called cookies, (collectively, “Cookies”). Cookies are small pieces of data we and our agents place in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies are not themselves personally identifiable, but may be linked to Personal Information you provide to us through your online interaction with us. A Cookie will typically contain the name of the domain (internet location) from which the Cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the Cookie (i.e. when does it expire), and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
YOUR CONTROL OF COOKIES
Web browsers allow some control of most Cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about Cookies, including how to see what Cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Please understand, however, if you disable Cookies, some features of the FSC Online Services may not work as well (or at all) for you.
ANALYTICS ON THE SITE
SOCIAL NETWORKING AND THIRD-PARTY SITES
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, also known as the “Shine the Light Law,” any of our users who are California residents are entitled to request and receive once a year, free of charge, a notice from us describing what categories of personal customer information (if any) we shared with third parties or corporate affiliates for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. If applicable, the notice will identify the categories of information shared, the names and addresses of the third parties and affiliates with which information was shared. If you are a California resident and would like to request a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the following address: FSC Franchise Co, LLC, 5660 West Cypress St. Suite A, Tampa, FL 33763. In your request, please specify that you want a “California Privacy Rights Notice.” Please allow at least thirty days for a response.
The FSC Online Services are not intended for children under the age of 13. We will not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If we learn we have obtained any personally identifiable information about a children under the age of 13, we will delete that information.
We strive to use reasonable safeguards to help prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of Personal Information provided or collected through the FSC Online Services. However, no system is perfect or can guarantee unauthorized access or theft might not occur.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
Following termination or deactivation of any user account you may create, unless you request your information be deleted by contacting us, we may retain your information for back-up, archival, legal and audit purposes, and to reactivate your account upon your request. In addition, we may retain and continue to use indefinitely all information contained in your communications to other users of the FSC Online Services posted to public or semi-public areas of the FSC Online Services after termination or deactivation of your user account.
MANAGING YOUR ACCOUNT AND COMMUNICATIONS PREFERENCES
To update or correct your Account information – or if you would like to stop receiving marketing communications from us via email or other methods – you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to us at FSC Online Account Update/Correction, 5660 West Cypress St. Suite A, Tampa, FL 33607.
CHANGES AND UPDATES